2007-07-03

Stanford by night

So apparently I'm not tired at all, since I just wandered the campus for a good two hours. It's wonderful here at night...there are just enough lights on for a very moody and ambient feel.

The campus is given over to the raccoons at night. I saw five, including 3 frolicking kits. I stood not 5 feet from them and watched for a good 3 minutes. Very cool.

After that I saw a lovers' tryst. A young couple was standing in silence embracing in the front of the crazy church that's in my Picasa album. I didn't hang around to look at them, needless. The church is even more astonishing by night. I'm definitely getting that picture a few times over.

I feel a bit like an interloper walking around this place.

F.

1 comment:

cwu said...

mmmm.... baby drool virgin water....

C